Thursday, August 26, 2010

Heavy Guns: Marines 1500

Thinking around today on a Heavy Guns list, at 1500. Heavy Guns, because of their reliance on a Land Raider, almost requires Marines over DA. Granted I can bring Raiders in on DA in Heavy, but I want the MM and the option to dedicate the transport on the fly.

HQ: Captain with Plasma Pistol & Chainsword on Bike

Troops 1,2, 3:
3 bikes, 2x w/flamers

Troops 4,5,6:
3 bikes, 2x w/Plamsa

Elite 1:
Terminator Squad (or assault squad, player's choice) in Dedicated Land Raider with Multi-Melta

Heavy 1:
Land Raider with Multi-Melta.

That gives me two big AV14 targets to draw fire and clog fire lanes for my bikes. In the interim I've got lots of plasma and template weapons floating around to deal with MEQ and Horde.

No comments:

Post a Comment