Thursday, November 5, 2009

Update: Modeling Maniac

It's been quiet, but I've still been active in my WH40K endeavors.

The Shi'Vesa
I've been working diligently on my army builder. The only problem is this is the largest application of its scale and I didn't do a lot of the little things that they (and I) teach students when you're programming: chart it out, decide your variables before you code, etc. So I'll do something like the Crisis suits then go back and re-vamp firewarriors. The revamp breaks something on the displays and... yeah...

The Army
The Kais'shi military is developing nicely. I've assembled twelve more kroot, ten more firewarriors (in addition to the 6 I've modeled so far), a new crisis suit (bringing me to two), three XV 25s, two Devilfish and a Hammerhead. I've got a Piranha, another Firewarrior team, and a lot of drones to assemble on top of that.

I'm hanging onto the drones so that I can try and scrape up a spare $30+ and order a few things from GW including the Hammerhead Weapons (so I can put SMS on the Devilfish) and the shield drone bits. I've decided while I like my mod it's going to be easier to just pay the $9.

Magnetic Personality
My crisis suits have all been successfully magnetized and one is ready for battle. The second suit needs to be painted and I need to magnetize several more weapons. I'm also looking at magnetizing the Piranha and a bit on the Devilfish and Hammerhead as well.

Getting Organizized
I recently decided to clear out my beloved uniques collection from my Mage Knight days to make room for the new addiction. No I didn't throw anything out - that would be silly. Instead I cleared out the two (very nice) tackle boxes that connect back-to-back into another, crowding the MK figures and making myself a very nice bitz box. I hope to really organize the box to the point of "firewarrior arm set 1" labeling but hey - that's down the road.

That's it for today. More as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment